Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Divine Nature Week: The Last Envelope

Okay, okay...I just realized that I promised to post about the final envelope in the Divine Nature Week a long time ago and haven't done it yet.   

The final envelope contained two things: 
1.  this letter 
2.  Two copies of a picture  (shown below) of each YW (printed in matte finish in 4x6 size at Costco).  One copy was for them to tape into their journals, the other was to hang up in their room.  Enlarged and framed, it would also make for a  special gift for a graduating senior or for a birthday gift.  

A couple of weeks beforehand I had handed out the following survey to the YW, the leaders,  and their parents.  Each parent would write 3 sincere compliments about their daughter and each YW and leader would write three sincere compliments about three other YW.  So each person had 4 different people (including their parents) who complimented them.  I tried to assign people to compliment people that they knew fairly well. 

*************************
SURVEY 
--> Please write three sincere compliments about each of the people listed and turn into Sister G. before or during YW.   Please make sure the compliments are about them or their character (not something superficial like what they’re wearing, etc).   Thank you! 

Ana:
1.
2.
3.

Rachel:
1.
2.
3.

Kaili:
1.
2.
3.

************************

Afterward I compiled all of the responses into one long list for each girl.  Then in Photoshop Elements, I cropped the background out of their photos, and added the compliments in different fonts. 

It ended up turning out very well and the girls really seemed to treasure their photo as a very special keepsake.  The whole week ended up being very memorable for me as well as many of the young women.  It is my prayer that the young women will reread their letters and admire their photos often, especially as they hit discouraging or difficult times in their lives. 


***************************** 

1 comment:

cathi6 said...

I am really trying to figure out how you did these awesome pics and want to do it for next Wed. I have photoshop and Lightroom do you know how I'd do it? I have had it in mind to do for months but can't seem to figure it out!!! Any tips or tutorials would be SOOO appreciated!! Jon-cathi@rfburst.com